Friday, October 3, 2008

My first Blog!!

Ok, if Marybeth can do it, I guess I can do.
Welcome to the Erickson blog.  I probably have literally nothing funny to say, unfortunately in my family I was not the one blessed with a sense of humor (or a singing voice, or big boobs, or virtually any other virtue...)

For my first post I want to share Kallie's Birthday poem for me:

A POEM ABOUT UR B-DAY
It's your birthday, so here's to you
I hope you don't think that it smells like poo
You're my mother and you're out of sight
and now you're 22, isn't that right??

The Ericksons consist of me, Joan, (photos to follow) my studmuffin husband Dave, (photos to follow) and our two gorgeous children, Taylor, 14, and Kallie, 12 (MANY photos to follow).  And to add to the confusion, we have three cats, Shamika, Wandery, and our adopted cousin cat Riley, two rabbits, Sam (the girl rabbit) and Dot (the boy rabbit) and I am pretty sure all our other pets are dead, but if you come to our house and see a small turtle crawling around, please let me know.  Plus we generally have about 2 - 8 14 year old boys running around, and another 5 -7 12 year old girls here, so you can imagine the teenager angst, plus the noise.  Hopefully I will occasionally share funny stories about them, because, honestly, I am not funny.
So, in closing, GO RED SOX!!

2 comments:

Guwi said...

yes, you are too funny. and I missed your birthday! I thought of it last night but I was at a meeting, then I came home and watched that ass Sarah Palin, then I fell asleep. sorry! xoxo

paige said...

YEAH! So glad you've joined the bloggers!!!